Walking Tacos (a.k.a. tacos in a bag)
Walking tacos are a fun and super easy camp recipe that kids and adults with love. It’s quick, with almost no clean-up, and with a little at-home prep, there is virtually no cooking!
The idea is that each camper spoons the ingredients they want into their individual bags of chips (Doritos or Fritos will do). Then they scrunch, crunch and shake them a little, right in the bag, just to mix things up – and voila! Eat it up, and toss the bag away.
- Cook the hamburger/taco seasoning mix at home (according to the package directions), and bring to camp in a gallon-size Ziploc. This can be served cold or warmed up in a skillet.
- Pre-slice all your veggies and store in baggies.
- Salsa, sour cream and other liquidy items can be stored in small containers.
What You Need:
Individual-sized bags of Doritos or Fritos
1 Lb. taco meat, prepared (ground beef or shredded chicken both work great)
What You Do
- Open each bag of chips.
- Crunch up the chips for easier eating and less overflowing.
- Add a big spoonful of the taco meat directly to each of the bags.
- Add additional toppings, all to taste.
Learn more by downloading our free camp cooking tips list.