If you’re fulltime rving and leaving your garden behind has made you sad, cheer up! There are a ton of ways you can still enjoy fresh veggies, herbs and flowers while you’re on the road and don't have a lot of rv storage.
Here are a few ideas:
- Vertical Hydroponic Garden kits are space saving, easy maintenance solutions. You can grow a wide variety of plants in these self-watering towers, and they claim to be pest and weed free. Small enough to fit into a corner of your RV.
- TopsyTurvy® is a upside-down hanging plant system that allows you to grow plants like tomatoes. Everything is included, just add water and a bit of sun then enjoy the veggies. These are easy to keep in your RV or pop them outside if you’re traveling.
- Aerogrow® gardens are an entire kit that come with everything you need to grow fresh herbs on a countertop. It has its own lighting system, so even if your RV isn’t letting in a huge amount of light you can get a good crop of herbs.
- Flower towers are freestanding vertical planters with a small footprint. They have an inner watering tube and some can hold up to 30 plants!
- An Earthbox® is portable but larger solution if you have the space for it. They come with everything but the seeds, and are made to grown a large crop in small space with as little work as possible.
- If you want to get really brave, try your hand a portable greenhouse. Some ingenious RVers have come up with some interesting designs. Check out this awesome video on YouTube by RVer Jason Sulliman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVUVuyDzxEA
Gardening on the road takes a little planning, but once you find a method that works for your lifestyle and RV, you'll enjoy beautiful flowers, year-round harvests, and all the personal satisfaction that comes with gardening.
Get more tips on Full-Time RVing by downloading our helpful article.